Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do professional mask makers make masks out of paper mache?

I want to try to learn how to do this myself...I know I'll probably never be any good but I'd like to try...It would save us a lot of money in Halloween stuff in the long run. Can you give me some sites with instructions or mask ideas please? Thanks...How do professional mask makers make masks out of paper mache?
plastic face, paper mache, small squares of tissue paper in multiple colors, polymer, various decorative items from school and home





Mix paper mache


Spread onto plastic face (found at art stores)


Allow to dry for a week and then pop the paper mache mask from the plastic face


Spread small squares of tissue paper over the paper mache mask and seal with polymer. Let dry for at least a day.


Use various materials found at school and materials students bring from home to finish decorating the mask.How do professional mask makers make masks out of paper mache?
Both of the sites you are given above are excellent. I am just going to add some suggestions for decorations. Add feathers, gems, beads, and glitter. Check out these;


http://images.google.com/images?q=mardi+鈥?/a>
I don't know!!





I checked online for you and i'm attaching the link!!!





I hope i was help!!!





GOOD LUCK!





Remember one thing if you put your best in to something, the best will also come out--even in the case of paper mache masks!





once again GOOD LUCK!
  • theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment