Friday, December 25, 2009

Do Korean collagen eye masks really work? I saw one of the ingredients is xanthem gum. Is this a joke?

I got this Korean eye mask packet for 6 bucks from korea town. I wanna know if anyone has tried it or has more knowledge of this. It's called Collagen eye zone maks by purederm. Can a mask really restore elasticity...Do Korean collagen eye masks really work? I saw one of the ingredients is xanthem gum. Is this a joke?
My wife of 28 years has used it before.


It really doesn't do anything special, sorry.Do Korean collagen eye masks really work? I saw one of the ingredients is xanthem gum. Is this a joke?
xantham gum is in a lot of things (toothpaste, lotions, gluten-free baking). It acts as a an emulsifier and increases the viscosity (thickness) of a substance. In foods, it used in recipes which require added elasticity to replace the loss of gluten from not using wheat flours. So basically it does nothing other than make substances thicker. It's not the ';miracle'; for collagen loss, just makes the cream thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment